At Mildura West Primary School assessment and reporting includes the following elements, please see below the image for an explanation of these elements.
1. C.A.T.s (Common Assessment Tasks)
- Reporting throughout the year
- Online for parents to access easily
- Assessment tasks that have been created by the teacher across a range of subject areas
- Will have a comment, rubric or checklist about your child’s learning.
- Designed to assess student abilities against the Victorian Curriculum
- Available for you to view now
- Accessible through Compass https://mildurawestps-vic.compass.education
- Compass App - available from iTunes or Google Play
2. Ongoing teacher assessment
- Teachers assess student learning formally and informally, in all curriculum areas, every day of the year. This is an essential part of the teacher’s role.
- Teachers use this assessment to plan the teaching
3. Students set formal Learning Goals Grades P-6
- Students are formally taught to reflect on their learning and set Learning Goals
- Goals are shared with parents/carers
- Teachers guide and negotiate with the student in the selection of Learning Goals
- Students constantly assess their performance against criteria created by teachers and students.
5. Ongoing conversations – Teacher/Parent/Student
- Parents/carers and teachers are encouraged to talk about the student’s learning at any time, throughout the year
6. Parents /Carers/Teachers/Student Meetings
Beginning of Year Meeting
- Parents/carers tell teachers about their child.
- Learning Goals are set- Grades 1-6 (Based on Goals from previous year).
Mid-Year Three-Way Conference
- Students, parents/carers and teachers discuss student’s learning.
- Students share their learning, reflecting on goals and setting future goals.
7. Reports x2
- Are sent home at mid-year and end of year