On Wednesday 21st May Mr. Ron Williamson will be visiting our school to see how we are going with our environmental programs.
This is the Program
9:30 – Meet and greet the Judge: Mr. Ron Williamson
James, Nicola, Joel and Meg: Brief welcome speech prepared
Sign Mr. Williamson in at the Front Office
Introduce Mr. Williamson to Mr. Young and or Mr. Kerridge
9:35 – Assemble at science room
Grade 3/4 Recycling team – including shredded paper and worm farm
9:50 – 5/6D Classroom
1. Rio Vista Litter Control Student Action Team: What techniques are we trying to use to persuade dog owners to do the right thing? Every team to share 5/6D
2. Water Ambassadors: 2 new tanks, paint a tank competition, Mildura Schools Environmental Festival
3. Biodegradable pots – link waste to biodiversity; Layne and Brad L
4. Collection of milk bottles – how we decided on the no. per bale – how many we need for a seat in the schoolground : Jake
On the way to the Library take Mr. Williamson past the milk bottle collection centre and then past the green plastic table setting at the front of the school made out of milk bottles we saved.
10.30 -11.00 In the Library with the following students: Mrs. V to organise a cup of tea for the guests and have some biscuits
1. Rio Vista Recreation Management Student Action Team: 5/6E Visit to AusPlaztik
2. MRCC Recycling Advertisement Water Ambassadors: Rheanna, Trent, Mitchell, Nicola, K-Zanne [You may dress up if you like – or just the girls as there gear is in the Library] explain the ad and the purpose
3. Environmental Blog: Trent and Mikalea
4. River Health Team:
? Gateways to the River: Nicola and Hannah
? Environmental Flows: Tanzina and Rheanna
11.00 in Library with Ms. Murray
1. Inside Lunch System including the compost bins – 5/6B – Sarah and James Mc
[Prep buddies to do a demonstration – What goes in what bucket?]
2. Melbourne Gould Green Christmas – Shantelle and Tanicka
3. Special Forever – Courtney
4. Rio Vista Pest Control Student Action Team… – Rebecca, Laura and Wes (5/6 unit newsletter article, photos of weeds etc)
5. Rubbish Free Lunch – Nicola S and Zac
James, Joel, Nicola and Meg: Thank you for coming so that we can share all of our environmental work.
Take Mr. Williamson to the Office to check out of the school.