Please ensure your child brings a healthy lunch to school.
Healthy eating has a long-lasting and positive impact on a child’s growth, development and health.
Foods eaten by your child at school contribute greatly to their daily nutrient intake. These foods considerably influence their eating habits, growth patterns, energy, concentration levels and ability to learn.
You have an important role to play in helping to ensure your child eats well and stays active.
Healthy school lunch ideas include:
· sandwiches or pita bread with cheese, lean meat or salad
· cheese slices, crackers with spread and fresh fruit
· washed and cut-up raw vegetables or fresh fruits
Highly processed, sugary, fatty and salty foods should only make up a very small part of your child’s diet. Foods to limit in school lunches include:
· processed meats such as salami and pressed chicken
· chips, sweet biscuits, muesli and breakfast bars
· fruit bars and fruit straps
· cordials, juices containing sugar and soft drinks